- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds top sirlion, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 15 small white onions
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 3 medium-size green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares
- 15 one-inch cubes fresh pineapple
In a bowl, combine pineapple juice with the vinegar, molasses, onion, garlic, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the beef cubes and marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Drain and reserve the marinade to be used as a basting sauce.
Drop the onions into boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. Slip off the skins.
Thread the meat onto prepared wooden skewers, pushing the pieces close together. Thread the onions, green pepper pieces, and pineapple cubes alternately on other skewers. Brush all the skewers with the marinade. Grill the meat over white hot coals for 12 to 15 minutes, turning twice. Brush with additional marinade at each turning. Grill the vegetable-fruit skewers for about 5 minutes, basting with marinade once. Watch them; they burn easily.
Makes about 6 servings