- 8 pieces uncooked lasagna (about half a pound)
- 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 jars or cans (26 ounces each) pasta sauce
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl combine Ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, parsley, onion, basil, pepper and eggs; mix well.
In a 12x1x2 baking dish spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce. Layer with half each of the uncooked noodles, cheese mixture, sausage, reaming pasta sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering.
Wrap tightly in heavy duty foil: bake for one hour. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 to 10 servings