If you’re looking for a taste of Thanksgiving, without the fuss, this is the perfect recipe. Taken from “Crock Pot Slow Cooker Recipes”, which I don’t recommend. The recipes were clearly not proofread. I suggest using at least a 5 quart slow cooker. If you find your pot is less than half full you can always increase the first four ingredients by half the next time.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken or turkey breast
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Two 10.75 ounce cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces seasoned stuffing mix, (such as Stove Top), plus ingredients to prepare
Combine chicken or turkey, flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable food storage bag; seal bag. Shake to coat chicken/turkey.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add poultry and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken/turkey to the crock pot. Pour soup over the bird.
Prepare stuffing according to package directions, decreasing liquid (including butter, if used) by half. Arrange stuffing over poultry in the slow cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Makes 4 to 6 servings